Thursday, May 05, 2011

Where Do These People Get These Ideas?

Happy Cinco de Mayo friends!

I hate that it has been so long since my last post. Things have been amazing! I absolutely love Colorado. It's beautiful and the weather has been fabulous! A little chilly, but that's definitely okay.

Okay so, LSU girl and I are basically besties. She is so fun! We have lots of plans to do lots of fun things. I am so excited that the Lord has placed her in my life with absolute perfect timing. It's so nice to have someone to go through this "new place, new people, new life" thing.

Went to get my new Colorado driver's license today. I would post a picture of it, except it takes them 30 days to send it in the mail... Definitely wish they printed it on the spot like in Shreveport... Lame.

Okay so, I finally got all of my work clothes figured out. Women's EMT pants (and they're sexy, let me tell you), a polo with the department emblem. and brand new black cowboy boots! I told everyone at the office how excited I was about my new boots, and most of them gave me a funny look or a "um... thats... nice..." I usually gave them a funny look back. Well I wore them for the first time yesterday and was showing them off. Everyone I showed them to gave me a "OH! Those are actually nice!" To which I replied "What did you think they were going to look like? They're work boots." And everyone gave me their own version of "glitter" or "bling-y" or "multicolored" etc. Of course I replied with a look of confusion and "what do you think Southern people are actually like?" They were all expected some crazy hot pink bedazzled fashion boots. Oh how little they know...

Speaking of Crazy Coloradans, here it's "soda pop" or "pop". And you lay your head on a "pellow". And the proper pronunciation is "Colo-rad-o" not "Collar-ahdo". Still getting used to that one. They also claim there is a good Cajun food restaurant here. We'll see about that...

Today I'm working the 1700-0100 shift (military time= 5pm-1am). Which means I have the day time off. It'll be nice to get a different experience. Not to mention it'll be just me and the evening investigator at the office. She's really cool and we'll definitely get along. Hopefully we won't be bored tonight...

I think that's enough for now. Here's a quick calendar of awesome things coming up:
May 13-15: Heading to Austin for Ally's wedding!
May 19-23: Barry comes to visit!
May 25-29: Mom and sister come to visit!
May 27: I'm officially deputized and given my badge!

Let the Adventure Continue!

No comments:

Post a Comment