Monday, December 31, 2012

I Can't Believe Another Year is Over

New Year's Eve/Day has always been a therapeutic time for me.

It's a time for me to reflect over the last year and realize that ahead of me is a brand new year with new adventures, opportunities, and the chance to be better.

I feel, though, that each year I need a new start even more. It seems that each year becomes more difficult and complicated, and at the end of each year I can't wait to put it behind me and start over.

2012 included the realization that my job situation was not as it should be, which eventually was "taken care of".

My grandfather became extremely sick and was put in the hospital and wasn't expected to live. He is still kicking it today!

I moved in with a fantastic new roommate in April and we live in a lovely house!

I started co-parenting the most adorable Husky (ish) puppy you have ever met!

My mom was found to have pre-cancerous cells in her breast tissue.

I was in a relationship that taught me a lot, made me grow up and forced me to seriously evaluate myself as a person. No regrets there! Not to mention we had a blast and I got to experience so many new things! (camping, San Diego, etc.)

I was able to build relationships that have become irreplaceable and more important and influential than I could ever have imagine them to be with amazing, Godly women.

And through it all the Lord has been more than faithful and amazingly gracious and merciful with me.

But I am ready for a new start. New experiences. A New Year.

Let the adventure continue!

No comments:

Post a Comment