"The Lord has promised good to me
His Word my hope secures
He will my shield and portion be
As long as life endures"
You want the honest truth?
I know the above to be true. I'm having a hard time truly believing it.
Yes I'm bored not having a job. Yes I'm broke not having a job. But mostly, I miss my job. I miss feeling like I'm fulfilling my purpose. I miss being out in the field, using my brain, and helping families. I miss being amazed by the human body. I miss being challenged by new cases. I miss learning.
I know the Lord has an amazing plan for my life, and that it's perfect. It's for my good and for His glory. But it's hard to believe that it could include a job OTHER than my dream job, and at the same time it's hard to believe (the way it looks right now) that it COULD include my dream job. Standing where I'm standing, I don't see how this could work out. For a while I could see how I could have my dream job in my dream city, but doors keep closing.
I just don't see it. I don't. And that frustrates me. I just don't understand how I could be given such a strong passion and not be given the chance to fulfill it.
But even when I don't see it, I have to believe that God knows and wants what is best for me. Why? Because that's all I have right now. And that is enough. It has to be.
And that is the honest truth.
Let the adventure continue.
No comments:
Post a Comment