Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Whoa Nelly!

I cannot believe it has been 5 months since I last posted. So much has happened! I'll try to keep it short... ish...

Obviously I am not in California. I pulled my resume from consideration. Denver is my home now, and I don't plan on leaving anytime soon. (Clarification: I don't plan on leaving. But as always, God may have other plans...)

I started working at Starbucks at the end of April, and I kind of love it. I'm getting to have constant interaction with lots of different types of people and I enjoy the community.

I finished my EMT class and I am state and nationally certified! Woot! I am now Emily Atwood, NREMT-B. The class was awesome, I learned a lot and met some really cool people. I am now in the IV approval course, learning how to start IVs and basic phlebotomy skills. We have to practice on each other, so naturally I look like a heroin addict... Cool.

I am currently applying for EMT jobs. I'll keep you updated.

The Birdhouse has two new birds! Kelsie and Ashley are pretty much awesome and I'm really excited to share this home with them.

Also, as most of you know, my grandfather passed away this summer. He was such an amazing man and I miss him. He lived a great life and was such a fantastic leader for our family. He always supported me and encouraged me. I love him very much and I miss him terribly.

Now for the good stuff. There's a boy :)

Daniel is just fantastic. He is sweet and caring and nurturing and incredibly attractive of course. He's a triathlete and is training for his first Iron Man next summer. He plays the guitar, and if he thinks you aren't listening, he might even sing, and he's quite good. He simply amazes me and I find something new about him everyday that I just love. He is super supportive and keeps me calm. Of course he has his quirks, including his love of NASCAR, which I am choosing to overlook ;) Things are going very well, but because this plastered all over the internet, I'm going to be discreet about it. But just know, it's going VERY well ;)

There were lots of smiley faces in that paragraph. Is it weird if I make myself sick because we're so cute? Yep.

Okay, I think those are the big ticket items. Sorry it's been so long. Now for pictures!




















No comments:

Post a Comment