Saturday, April 16, 2011

Beyond Blessed in Brighton

     Whew! What a week. Mom and I left Louisiana on Monday morning, I drove 10+ hours to Salina, KS for the night, then got up early Tuesday morning and I drove the remaining 7+ hours to Colorado! We got to Colorado a little earlier than expected, so we went and bought all my furniture! Wednesday morning we went and signed my lease and moved all my stuff into the apartment. Trips to Target and Walmart followed, and we went back to the hotel for the night. Thursday the furniture was delivered! It's awesome! Then mom went grocery shopping while I unpacked everything. Friday the cable guy came and set that up, and I had my drug test. It was beyond awkward. Dad and Parker got in on Friday night, and we went and got my TV. Today Dad got me a patio set and hung all my pictures and curtains. Dropped all three of them off at the airport about 2 hours ago, and now I'm sitting at Starbucks jacking their internet until mine is set up in my apartment on Tuesday.

Now time to elaborate...

There is absolutely nothing in Kansas. There was one highway we were on forever. We passed an exit sign at the beginning, and at the bottom it said "Next exit: 76 miles". Awesome. We finally got close to the exit and saw a sign that said "Gas-Phone-Food-Lodging". However, when we actually got to the exit, we saw where all of those things used to be. And of course the next exit was 54 miles with the same result. That aside, Kansas is actually quite beautiful.

We bought my furniture on Tuesday night. The man that helped us was a cute elderly German gentleman named Lucky von Riesen. He was so helpful and adorable. My furniture is beautiful. I'll update pictures soon.

Okay, my drug test. Obviously I had to give a urine sample, which I've done before, but this was the most awkward experience ever. First of all, it was two guys. One of them was training the other. He explains everything to me, asks me to remove all my jewelry, and hands me a cup. I have to go in the men's bathroom. I can lock the stall door, but he has to stand in the door to the bathroom to monitor me. I have four minutes to complete the test, and he'll give me a one minute warning. I'm not allowed to flush the toilet or wash my hands. When I'm done, I hand him the cup, and have to sign and read a bunch of stuff. No telling how many people have used those pens without washing their hands. Finally after all of his awkwardness, I'm allowed to go wash my hands, but he has to flush the toilet. I feel like if he hadn't been so awkward about it, it wouldn't have been so bad.

Brighton is such a beautiful place. The people here are all so nice and helpful. I love it here.

I am so freaking excited. I am simply overwhelmed. My apartment looks amazing, and Monday I'm starting the job I've been dreaming about since I was a little girl. (Creepy, I know) All of my hard work has finally paid off! The Lord has blessed me beyond measure. And Dad has given me so much: the plane ticket to interview, plenty to live off of so I can save my first couple of paychecks, an amazing apartment full of beautiful furniture, but mostly the support and encouragement to fulfill my dreams and the Lord's will for my life. I can never thank Dad enough for that. And I will be forever grateful to the Lord for how he has blessed me.

And Barry has been so supportive through the whole thing. I don't know what the Lord's will is for this relationship, but I care about him so much and hope this works out. I could definitely see this working out. :)

Well here we are! You're all updated.

Let the adventure begin!

No comments:

Post a Comment