It has now been 3 months since I lost my job.
My friend Brianne asked me yesterday how the job search was going. I have absolutely no updates, so I told her that God has me on special assignment right now. Lightheartedly I added that I hope He fires me soon and gives me a job that pays.
But in all honesty, I have really enjoyed being "on special assignment"these past few months. Do I wish I would get a paying job so I could be stable and find a more permanent place to live? Absolutely. But I have had so many unique opportunities lately that I would never have had if I had a job, especially my last one. If I could just get paid to do what I'm doing, that would be awesome.
But alas, that is not the case.
I've been thinking a lot about the Roots Campaign at church: putting down roots in the city of Denver and committing long term to helping the church grow and love the city. Nothing would make me happier than to make that commitment. But I just don't know what God has in store for me. I really hope He wants me to stay here, but I just don't know yet. And that can be frustrating. I'm such a planner, and I just don't have a plan.
I leave on Wednesday to go home to LA for my grandpa's birthday. I'm excited to go home, but I'm afraid that as soon as I have a second to sit down and breathe, everything will hit me like a ton of bricks... again. I've been so busy trying to find somewhere to crash, get things clean and packed, running errands and getting everything organized.
I'm just ready to be stable again. But I have to be patient. God's got a plan, and it's significantly better than mine.
And of course
Let the adventure continue!
No comments:
Post a Comment